Friday, August 8, 2014

My Arrival in France

Bonjour!

This summer, I stayed in France for 2 months, and it was INCREDIBLE.

I started my adventure in Toulouse, France and stayed there for the month of June. During this time, I was taking courses in Purpan, the University that we studied at. I was with 49 other study abroad students at this time. The majority of us were from the United States. However, there were also students from Lebanon, China, and Mexico. The classes we took included: Europe (Culture/Agriculture), European Animal Production, Agricultural Studies, and French.

Afterwards, for the month of July, all 50 us were split up into different internships that took place in various parts of France. We had the option of interning at either a farm or at a vineyard. I chose the farm option. We all also lived with a host family. This way, we could experience the French working style, as well as their daily life. I got choosen to work at a dairy farm located in Annay, France. The dairy farm was called Gaec des Picards, and it specialized in the production of milk.

For this blog, however, I will be discussing the internship portion of the study abroad program.


No comments:

Post a Comment